Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Speakin' on Saturday

Turns out I'm speaking once again this Saturday. Since, alongside other high points in a short but indisputably eventful life, I have now attended three literary festivals, and been on one panel, I now qualify as a veteran, and so I've been invited to speak this Saturday, the 10th of March, at a PEN event on "What do literary festivals achieve?"

On being invited most courteously, I thought a bit about whether I had anything of interest to say, but then I saw my boots lying in one corner under the dresser, and realised suddenly that I had in fact a great many things to say, and the allotted eight minutes might not be enough.

So come along if you can, 6.30 pm, Prithvi House (1st floor), opposite Prithvi Theatre, Janki Kutir, Juhu, Bombay. Also speaking will be the novelist Rohit Manchanda, the playwright Ramu Ramanathan, and the journalist Manjula Sen. If nothing else will tempt you, I can reveal that the supply of biscuits is expected to be immense - and I can't possibly finish them all by myself.

No comments: