Thursday, July 16, 2009

Reading in Kolkata postponed to the 20th

Just a little note to say that because of the proposed Kolkata bandh tomorrow, my reading at Oxford Bookstore, Park Street, has been postponed to 7pm on Monday the 20th of July. I did know that I couldn't get through a week of events in Kolkata without a bandh popping in somewhere! Best to get it out of the way at the beginning and hope there's not another one before I leave.

Also, I'd like to remind you that if you wish to come for my lecture on writing at the British Council Library Kolkata on Friday the 24th, and are not a library member, then please write to me to confirm your participation, and I'll pass this on to the management.

Meanwhile, I just saw myself on Youtube for the first time: some clips of my Delhi reading courtesy Mint. Although my world is primarily verbal and not visual, I have to say I enjoyed this – and why wouldn't I, given how much time I spent wondering which colour shirt to wear?

3 comments:

pinaki said...

welcome to kolkata...it is never ever short of surprises...

karthik said...

Winter of 2010? Thats quite a promise.

Chandrahas said...

Karthik - By that remark I meant the winter that comes at the end of 2010, not the beginning. But why are you thinking about my second book? Read Arzee!